So what's the deal here?

Welcome to the blog of Gwen, photographer/comic trapped in the body of an occasionally mild-mannered (but tenacious and dedicated) Reference Assistant. This is my effort to explore the true meaning of the 23 things designed to help us learn (master would be a bit too much for me to expect) Web 2.0.

30 November, 2008

Nov. 30 -- where did the month go?

Can it really, really be November 30?

In that time, I have had very high highs -- as well as the occasional quite low low -- in trying to figure out the intricacies of my blog. Wasted too much time in the past week, for example, messing around with html and my template, trying to get fancy. (See YouTube's very fine rendition of Don Henley singing "Wasted Time.")

On Friday, I asked one of the computer guys at work about it, and in a nice way, he said I didn't need to worry about html given the type of template I had chosen. Seems so long ago now that I even "chose" a template for my blog. Or, was it by default? A newbie stumbling around in search of a layout that didn't look too awful.

Other odd observations of this month: Why does Blogger offer access to gadgets that are kaput? Today, I went to the list of "new" gadgets. specifically, something called "Political Cartoons" by a Gary Brookins and something else called "Daily Blog" by a Betty Barton. When I tried to add each, I received the following canned message: "We are sorry. This gadget appears to be broken."

So where's the fix-it person? I ask you.

No comments:

Here's me

My photo
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
Now that you ask, it's hard to put into words. Reserved at first, but tend to warm up with time. Hope never to lose my sense of humor... or my curiosity. A true wiseguy (there is another word that begins with an "s") pretty much since I could talk... Planning one of these days to return to the piano. Fascinated by the many ironies in (and of) life.

(Some of) my favorite things

  • Cross Creek (old flick)
  • Educating Rita (old flick)
  • Julia (old flick)
  • On the Waterfront (quite old flick)
  • Out of Africa (old flick)
  • The Verdict (I think this was my favorite Paul Newman movie.)